Friday, January 21, 2011

She's a maneata!!

I know I know, I've been very bad.

But as you know, the counter over there to my right is going extremely slow, and it seems like there will never be enough things to do to keep me occupied until November 25th.

This is of course a lie, but it feels that way, it at least makes me feel like I need to chill when I see some craft or something and think 'I must do this!!' No, I musn't, because it'll end up sitting in my house somewhere collecting dust and then get broken in about a month.

I need to get my dress dry cleaned, so of course, there is nothing interesting to write about there... except how hard it is to find a good wedding dress dry cleaner, and how expensive it is. Well, it's not horrible, but more expensive than I thought, I guess...

I've been thinking more and more about invitations. I got some samples of tri-folds from a company called LCI paper. They're too light-colored, I have now decided that I want a darker brown as the outer covering:



Also, the description mentions something about matching response envelopes but does not expressly say that it comes with a response envelope.

Well, I assumed a company would have the decency to include the correct response envelope.

I ordered a sample... no response envelope. I was not amused.


Meanwhile, I found this stuff called Lotka paper from a company called Of the Earth:

Spectacular yes? Rustic yes? And the middle color is just what I was thinking for a perfect color for the tri-fold!

So I ordered some samples of their chocolate-colored lotka paper as well. I am still in love with the idea of a burlap strip and twine tying the whole thing together. I cannot wait (!) to show the whole thing! I know I keep talking about it and talking about it. I am going to do it finally! I am going to do a full mock-up as soon as I have the lotka paper for the trifold, the burlap, the twine, and envelopes.

I don't think it will be done this weekend because I doubt I will get my samples in the mail in time, but I can and will work on my technique for designing the invitations more, because it's all I've been thinking about all week.

Kyle also said we would think about music this weekend! It's always exciting when he offers to do something wedding-related. This is not because he's a grumpy old guy who doesn't like to help. He does, but when it's his idea, with no coaxing from me, it's exciting. It's also fun, especially when we find ourselves dancing like total idiots in the kitchen to Hall and Oates and Phil Collins and Toto. It's fun to get a glimpse into what it's going to be like, because we're both so much fun when we're together. I honestly think I'm only mildly fun without him, and he's only mildly fun without me, and when we get together, we're enough fun to fill a canyon.

Maybe a music list will come your way this weekend? Or at least some laughs about Kyle's white-man-overbite (love you Babe!).

No comments:

Post a Comment