Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back to August 21st 2010

A day that will replay forever in my mind. Kyle and I went to Long Island to visit the Long Island Wineries, one of our favorite places in the whole world. There's over 30 vineyards on the North and South forks of Long Island, NY. You should check them out, they're romantic, and of course, there's wine! The vineyards are on the same latitude as Brodeaux, France so the whites are not so dry and the reds are just perfect. We've been together for 4 and a half years now so I was getting to that point of wanting him to propose, but not quite to that nagging phase. I always hoped, but never expected. So he actually took me by surprise when he pulled out a box and got down on one knee.
Not much else to say about that... Look at it!! It was exactly what I wanted. I have long fingers so the marquis cut was something I've wanted ever since I could think about an engagement ring, which wasn't until I realized how much I loved Kyle. Cheesy I know. Not everything about me or us is cheesy, but I've been feeling particularly cheesy ever since that day.

Didn't take me long after the initial shock wore off to decide it was time to start thinking about a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment