Thursday, September 23, 2010

More location updates!!

I wanted to also make notes on the other places I hadn't yet visited since my last posts. Namely:
Lime Spring Farm and Cameron Estate Inn.

Mmm'kay, first of all, I want to start by saying that Lime Spring Farm had no info on their site about pricing, I think this is kind of skeazy, but I really wanted to see it, I hate walking in blind, but I had to walk in!! It was great, and because Kyle and my parents were there, I didn't take any video. They had a good amount of availability too, including the date 9-10-11. How cool would that have been?!?!

Now for the horrible, terrible, no good, very bad news: Rental is $6500 for the day with an additional $2600 fee for the ceremony. Add to all this the catering, which will be about $5000, alcohol another $1000. Flowers, $500. Photographer $1500-$2500, depending on who I choose. Cake, invitations, decorations, DJ... That equals at least $20,000... are you kidding me?!?!?! We immediately realized why none of this information is online and got out of there as soon as we could. Also, the reception would have been under a tent, on a concrete slab. I didn't say it then, but I don't like that. Anyway, the point of the story is that it would have been nice, there was a lot of nice attention to detail, but not worth that price, double every other place we were looking at.

Cameron Estate Inn was nice on the outside; this old, 1700 or 1800 mansion with 17 B&B style rooms, one with this awesome claw foot tub. The feel of the whole place was very plantation-ish, but in a good way, you know, highlighting the good parts of a plantation. Anyway, the ceremony sites were nice and they had limitless availability (which unfortunately also raises red flags). You know the bridge I posted two posts ago? Well, that bridge is too hard to get to for any of our guests that are even remotely immobile, not the mention impossible for anyone with a walker or a wheelchair. Anyway, the problem came when we walked into the reception site. It looked as though they tried to update it but forgot the whole theme and look or the rest of the estate, so it's just a decent banquet hall, nothing special, and definitely not estate-ish. So my mom and I were both turned off by it, but we enjoyed the champagne provided by the coordinators!

Memo to me, I don't care how cheap it makes me look, we will be having Verdi champagne at my wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment