Friday, September 2, 2011

Freakin' Weekend

The man has seen the suit! and is not in love with it. He also thinks it's too dark. The only reason this makes me happy is that it means I'm not crazy. But it makes me sad that we have to start over again. Well, not over again, we already have number two in mind:


And so we're ordering that today, and when it comes in, we'll keep our favorite and send back the other one. Let me reiterate that I like the one he has now, but it is dark, this one is lighter and if the color is true to the picture (which has not been the case so far, but I'm crossing my fingers) it should be just a little lighter than the one we have now = win.

In the meantime, I am working my butt off on invitations, but I'm lagging because it's getting quite repetitive...

Did I mention I have ADD? Have you met my attention span?

Anyway, they're coming so close to being decorated and next comes assembly, while not a simple task, it's just a mechanical one: stuff, fold, tie, seal; stuff, fold, tie, seal...

Also this happened!
Boom!! I know it seems a simple task, but it was taking me a long time to get done. By that I mean I just wasn't doing it. I think it was only because I didn't feel like dragging a chair around the house. But I finally did it and then created these fabric strip backdrops for the bride and groom chairs for the reception!

Not only am I super excited because they turned out great (once they go on the real chairs, I will wrap those stray straps on the side so they don't look like dog ears) but it's one more thing off the to do list!

I want to specifically draw your attention to the top part:
This is what it looked like at first:
But I tucked and tied the ends up to make it look much more polished. I am very happy with how it turned out. What do you think??

This brings up a very good point though:
I have been kind of worried about the fabric strip backdrop for the alter because for some reason that I couldn't put my finger on, it just didn't look polished enough. It almost looked kind of thrown together, almost trashy or like an afterthought. When I saw what the tucking and tying did to the mini chair versions, I was super psyched to do the same technique for the large scale versions. I haven't done it yet, but I will keep you updated, because I think it will be just the kick it needs to look really clean and nice and really give the feel that I'm trying to achieve.

I am excited to get a lot done this weekend. Hooray long weekend!!! Can I also comment that I love having a to do list! Let me please advocate it to anyone who is on the to do list fence; if you write it down, you don't have to stress about it anymore!!  I just slowly truck along and whenever I get something done, I cross it off the to do list, and when the to do list is all crossed off, I'm done! And by making a to do list, you can keep track of the major important things on the top of the list and put the less important things on the bottom. This way, as we get closer and closer, if my stress level starts to rise, I can decide to just ignore the bottom of the list. Everything will be great, I'm on cloud nine right now, I'm super psyched and can't wait for the wedding day to get here!

Is anyone else experiencing stress? How do you deal with your to dos?

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! And double yay that the Mr. loves his suit..we have been stalling on the suit for the mister, and his ring! Hopefully this month we will cross those two tasks off :)

    ReplyDelete