Wednesday, October 19, 2011

To spend or not to spend...

... Apparently there is no question.

I need some help, I mean, because it is a good question, and I don't just impulse buy everything I see on Etsy... just mostly everything, and this is my latest squirm-inducing, itchy-credit-card-finger obsession:
Not just blue mason jars, authentic blue mason jars (notice I've not linked it up, you can't have them, they're mine! Just kidding, she has more than enough for everyone). Real live antiques, and only $8 each. But do I need to spend $80? Do I need 10 antique blue mason jars?

I know that I would love to use them to hold bouquets, but then I would only need 4, but if I use them to hold bouquets, I would want to incorporate them elsewhere too, just because they're awesome and fit our rustic theme. I dunno' I'd love to hear what you all think.

It's not just mason jars either, the man's come up with a plan for making a structure for my fabric backdrop and suggested the Amish milk cans:
Because they are a taller support than a flower pot, even a large flower pot. I won't go into the details of his idea yet because we have to see if we can even make it happen (and I need to wrap my head around it) but the point is, I didn't buy these when I went on my big trip to the Lancaster Flower and Craft Warehouse because they're something like $35 each. Just seems a bit steep to me, but I cannot find them any. where. else. And I like the idea of spending $70 more than buying flower pots that might not go with our whole look regardless of how much those are going to cost... and large flower pots are never cheap... quick research time!!...

........

$40 is the cheapest I found, say for a 16" flower pot (that's not big enough, I can't pretend it would be) so any bigger and prices jump up to $80+.

Point is, I'm kicking myself now for not buying these... really kicking myself, because this is now the smartest, most cost-effective option and I can't find them anywhere else (in a funny twist, I can't even find these cans on the Lancaster FAC website! I know they have them, but not on their website for shipping; apparently I have to physically go buy them).

To come back around full circle, I love how now that our time is drawing near, all of a sudden these sudden (self-induced) expenses are popping up. And because we're getting closer, I keep telling myself 'Oh, you don't have time to think about it, just buy it already!' ....... Silly spender. Don't even get me started on Etsy finds like this:
But I keep telling myself that it's all enhancements to the theme, and I will love looking back on these details if I can have them... and of course I will never remember in a few years that they weren't there if I can't have them.

Kyle says money comes and goes. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment