Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just call me Elizabeth!

So this is a funny post because it was going to start out as a post about the song list... Just for fun, we'll address it quickly:

When Kyle and I fall for musicians, we fall hard, we don't just like 'that song' on the radio by 'that band.' We have few favorite bands/musicians that we want to be playing at our wedding, so where does that leave us?... With 20 songs each from about 4 musicians. Haha, needless to say, we'd love it, it'd be like every concert we've ever been to together... which is around 10-ish, but we've seen several of them multiple times. It would look something like this:

Several Imogen Heap songs in a row, followed by several Incubus songs in a row, followed by several Depeche Mode songs in a row, followed by Florence + the Machine (because he loves me all the time even if he doesn't always love my music), followed by several Pearl Jam songs. Then we'd be done, because we wouldn't want to hear anything else. Ha!

He surprised me yet again twice the other night by suggesting several great songs for the key moments at the reception... sorry all, but they're going to remain a surprise; let's just say, the taking off of the garter is going to be about the funniest thing anyone will ever see... narrowly beating the bouquet toss. Secondly, he said he wanted to take dance lessons and do, you know, a real dance as our first dance. I was so blown away I had to check to see how much he'd had to drink that night, but he was serious! Now, I'm not sure when these dance lessons will be fit in, but if he actually suggested it, I'll be damned if I don't do what I can to make it happen.

Maybe it'll even look something like this:



OK, so the point is that while looking at old iTunes playlists to try to find good ceremony and cocktail hour music, I stumbled across my buried Pride and Prejudice soundtrack.

Ugh, and I died, now that I'm engaged, the whole story is coming around full circle. It's not just the falling hopelessly in love thing, I've bewitched him body and soul! "And I love, I love, I love you." He never wishes to be parted with me from this day forth!! Ha! That movie makes me so warm and fuzzy inside, and I can't believe it's been so long since I've thought about it. Not only does it have wonderful piano and violin pieces throughout, but it also has the look that I wanted originally for this wedding, and now I remember where I got my hair-brained ideas from!!

Take a look (these are all random google image search images btw):


Could you die? I must find this bench! We must be just like this!! Is it too much to ask for Kyle to wear this on the wedding day?:
Yes please! But no, because then I would have to dress like this:
But wouldn't mind this:

I had lots more fun google imaging, but the point is I wish I liked what the ladies wore back then... I don't, but I sure do love everything else:
Will it be too much to ask my bridesmaids to indulge me???

Most importantly, Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen did such a great job of looking so in love... and Kyle and I actually are in love, so can we do this or better???:

Elizabeth personifies what I like to think of myself as; carefree and whimsical, silly and yet passionate, cynical but hopelessly romantic. And of course Kyle has always been my Mr. Darcy: dark, brooding, quiet, and calculating at first, but then once you get to know him, just the most romantic, passionate, intense and of course sexiest, guy I've ever met... Yum!

Just one more piece of eye candy:
*Sigh* what a life I lead. On that note, I am going to go home and wait for that man so I can give him lots of kisses and forehead touches!

No comments:

Post a Comment