Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm the old lady!

I know it's torturous teasing, but I don't yet have photos of the little lizard that is our MOH/BM's first child but I can't not pester you with all the details! Gabriel Anderson (that's first and middle name) was born yesterday (November 9th :-( ) at 2:17 PM and weighed in at 6 pounds 12 ounces. Tiny little thing. Well, not too tiny. But I don't know his height yet, so... he could be short and adorably pudgy! We already planned a trip to see them this weekend, so you'll see for yourselves! I know they did a lot of cooking in preparation for baby but we think we're going to try to help with laundry and cleaning and taking care of their three cats and one dog. That is until they kick us out. I'm not dealin' with Mia's attitude if she gets no sleep ;)

Anywho, I'm starting to feel a little pressure about this whole 15 days left thing. No biggie, but two  more weeks until your wedding. Relax. Well, we haven't gotten all the RSVPs in, we haven't solidified our ceremony layout, we haven't created our support system for our alter, and we haven't finalized our music lists. On the positive side though, I'm still THIS CLOSE to finishing my knitting, hair and makeup is paid for and appointments are verified, and we met with our DJ last night (read: we had dinner with our friends Nick and Julie and happened to talk a little about music at our wedding). That may sound a little wishy-washy, but when Nick needs to get down to business, business gets taken care of quickly. It was a weight off my shoulders because he has all the equipment and speakers and info he needs now to get the job done. And we got to hang out with them, which was really nice because we haven't seen them in a long time. Most of our communiqué has been over e-mail and text messages.

ANYWAY, we're also set to go get our marriage license tomorrow morning, which will be another huge weight off my shoulders as it happens to be the most important (legally of course) part of being ready to get married! I am planning on inventorying our wedding room (pictures forthcoming, man will they be fun, I can't walk in that room anymore! I can barely enter it!) and taking stock, playing with what will go where, there will be excel spreadsheets involved. We're also hard at work on this:
When last I reported on our soon-to-be chalkboards, we had cut them in half and started sanding all the old paint off. It took a long time, lots of sandpaper, and possibly some lung health. This is what they finally looked like when all the old paint was gone:
Not sure why anyone would ever want to cover this up! So that's exactly what I did :) Well, not really, I just stained it, the grain still shows through:
It lightened up a little too as it dried. Tonight I'll paint the middle with the chalkboard paint! I can't wait to show it off!! By the way, I have to promote Minwax Gel Stain. It was awesome and so easy to work with, not drippy, even coverage, all-around fantastic. I'm not getting paid to say that, but if there are any other girls or non-crafty guys out there who want to have an easy time staining, I recommend starting out with this product, because it's incredibly user-friendly.

I got a little under one fingernail, but nail polish will hide that, BUT when I went to clean out my brush I wasn't thinking and got it all over my left hand (I had taken my ring off, thank GOD!) and started freaking out. MINERAL SPIRITS, PEOPLE!! Miracle-in-a-can is what I call it. Not a trace left on my skin... which is great because I didn't fancy having Kyle place my wedding band over my brown splotchy hand.

Anyway, I just turned 28 two minutes ago. Wow. And it's time to get back to work, because I'm taking a pretty significant chunk of time off for wedding prep and then honeymoon. How did my other married readers feel at the two week mark? Does it get better or worse? Any crafts anyone wants to share??

1 comment:

  1. Those chalkboards are going to look amazing, I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete