Thursday, March 29, 2012

Inspiration vs. Reality, part III

In continuation of my excuse to relive my wedding over and over again, I bring you another inspiration board and accompanying inspiration-turned-reality board. I'm super excited about this one because it's decor details, table settings, DIY stuff. I had a lot of fun with most of the projects and Ben did a fantastic job capturing them. Basically I'm as excited about this board as I was for the details post!

As I went through, I was sad for a few seconds here and there, there's no picture of our chair ribbons, no pictures of all those crates and extra wine bottles we collected (the ones not at the alter or on guest tables) BUT, and it's a big BUT, I was happy again when I continued perusing our pictures and seeing the overcompensation in other areas. You'll see, hopefully, too. I've certainly let go of any hang-ups I have about what might not have been captured. I am such a control freak, it's unhealthy.

Inspiration boards are healthier:
Ohhhh how exciting! I look back at these pictures and I see inspiration that I had started to gather almost two years ago!

Moment of truth, if the above is sort of how I saw the wedding looking and feeling, then did I get it right???
Nailed it!! Now obviously, the inspiration photos are from multiple sources, so this statement is going to seem really obvious, but the reality board is much more cohesive and carries a theme. I could look at the centerpiece photos for days.

I think it's safe to say I'm having way too much fun with the inspiration boards. Only a few left, then I'm going to have to find something new to blog about :( Well, we'll tackle that obstacle when we get there.

So let me know what you think!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed on how close you're matching up to your inspiration boards...I have a feeling mine won't match up with my actual wedding at all!! But now I guess I'll have to see - I love these posts!!

    ReplyDelete