Friday, December 3, 2010

Get to work!!

So, I've been feeling a little anxious because I have all these ideas floating through my simple mind, and as of yet, there's been no actual progress...

Now, I realize I might be being a little hard on myself, we've made a lot of major decisions, BUT none of them are concrete. As of right now, here's what I have:

  • A place to get married
  • Someone to marry us
  • There will be food
  • There will be photographs taken
But so far, I'll be naked, and you'll be eating in a completely white hunting lodge-like building, and it'll be really boring and quiet.

Now I blame blogs for making me feel woefully far behind. I of course have plenty of time, but I want things to do! I want things to be happening!!

Well, I finally did something!! Not anything I can show you... YET! I ordered something!!

I saw these invitations:
And was like "Whoa!! Check out the wood grain!! How cool is that?!" so I scrolled down the post and found out that the paper she used was from a German company called Gmund.

I went on their website and found some really cool paper! Very artsy stuff, very very expensive, but they do offer free samples, so I ordered a sample of some types of paper, here is a quick image of the types I'll be getting in the mail shortly!
I fell in love with the Die Naturlichen on the left because it looks like homemade paper, and the one in the middle is called Bier Papier! How funny!! The light one is Lager and the dark on is Ale. Of course the one on the right is the wood grain paper. Like I said, the samples were free so I am going to play with my stamps and my special pens and special watercolor pencils and maybe do some sort of mock up of an invitation! I'm so excited to be doing something!

In a completely unrelated note, I want to proudly flaunt my new photographer; he just posted honeymoon pictures from his very recent marriage and they're awesome!! Click the link!! It'll be worth it. 

In another completely unrelated note, did I mention that my bridesmaid/quasi-MOH just got engaged?! Like, a couple weeks ago, but I forgot to post it, and since she doesn't blog, I have to be the one to put it out there! MIA'S GETTING MARRIED!! YAY!!!!! So now our best man/maid of honor pair are also engaged. They, however, are in much more of a hurry than we are for some reason and are getting married in April! Yeah, count your calendar real quick, that's five months. I don't care that she won't be a "maid" when she's in my wedding, I don't think any of us can be called fair maiden's anyway, except my sister.

I don't know where I was going with any of this... Oh yeah, Keri, who is much more proficient on photoshop, fixed my ring picture:




I think that's it for now. Dress shopping this weekend!!! Yay!!!!

1 comment: